Jun 15, 2005

Improv Olympics

Hey Blogs!

So tonight is week 1 of my Level B improv class, and I have a feeling it is going to be seriously gnar-gnar.

gnar-gnar. adj.
Incredibly awesome, excessively good

Derived from the term "gnarly".
"Whoa, did you see him hit the tranny with a 720 nose grind, it was gnar-gnar"


There was no class last week, which gave me some extra time to practice my Keanu impression ("I don't caaaaare.. Shit, focus.. I don't caaaaaaaaaare about your crime.. Better"), and I'm ready to knock 'em dead tonight.


And so it B-gins.

The focus of Level B, for those not familiar with the form, is "Blossoming". That is what the "B" stands for. Level Blossoming.

It is the level in which I will evolve into a comic master-force, crushing all in my path with my zesty one-liners and impeccably-timed simulated fart noises.

Me: Excuse me sir, can you pass-da-pasta!
Leo: That's not even a joke.


Daniel Radcliffe: I beg to differ!

And while I am confident about my chances in the pressure-cooker of Level B, it was only by the slimmest of margins that I scraped through the Level A Final Exam.


The Gauntlet

It came down to me vs. the teacher in an all or nothing Prov-Off. He got me good with a "made-up secret-handshake to miming climbing a rope" but I brought down the house with a "talk happy while frowning" followed immediately with the timeless "walking the cat".


Game. Set. Match.

See you in LEVEL B!

No comments: